Tuesday, November 1, 2011

are we ready for weaning? (my love-hate relationship with breastfeeding at this stage)

it's already 9 pm and while i was hoping that I'd already start my "me" time theo was still insisting for more "mihk." (milk) i wanted to give in to his request but i was already itching to sit in front of my desktop and finish some business correspondences and blogs before jude arrives from work so we can sleep early tonight. i just let him cry and was hoping that he'd eventually realize nursing time was already up and doze off on his own. but 5... 10 mins had passed and he was still crying and begging for my milk. aghast! someone has to yield and again, i realized that has to be me.

it's an everyday scene in our house and it actually doesn't happen only at night... it can be at early morning, late morning, or afternoon. there were times when i thought he's happily playing with his toys but the moment he saw me seating whether in front of my desktop or in bed using my ipad he'd come to me, flash a big smile and utter "mihk?"

theo is already two but he sometimes feeds like a newborn. i was hoping that at his age i can only feed him two or three times a day. but it isn't the case and sometimes a feeding can take about half an hour. if i refuse to nurse him, he'd throw a fit, and this kind of emotional meltdown is what am not yet ready of and makes me feel a loser--a loser to a two year old!

yes, breastfeeding is the best for babies, even for toddlers. i still sometimes caught myself raving about its wonders, but at this point i think am already willing to discard them. should i already wean theo? at his age, how?

2 comments:

  1. hi mare. try introducing theo to rice and viands. feed him the food like what his kuya inigo is eating. :) just a thought, hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. theo actually eats like us na mare... kaya yun nga... kahit busog from dinner meme pa rin. addict na 'ata. :D

    ReplyDelete