Monday, October 3, 2011

on playing favorites

this article made me pause and think for a while about my kids:

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/do-all-parents-love-on-child-more/

oh, well... I don't think i need a copy of that issue of time magazine because am certain that i do not play favorites. sure at one point i favor one kid over the other... there are moments when i marvel on inigo's beautiful face (sorry, it's his mommy talking) but it's so easy also for me to adore theo because of his charm and wit.

I remember when we were still pregnant with theo and we haven't yet found out about  the sex... I was wishing for a girl, not only because we already have a boy but I was afraid that people might keep on comparing him with his older brother and he might just always pale in comparison because his kuya inigo had already won the hearts of our friends and relatives because of his good looks and smartness... and I was more afraid that jude and I are among those people. but God is indeed amazing. He made my boys different from one another but in a way that each has his enough good points that make them both special for me and jude.

so, for my two boys: please always remember that both of you are daddy and mommy's favorites and no one is better than the other because both of you are the best... we both love you very much! :)


my two boys during their daddy's birthday bash

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that sis :) but really, I do believe that for each child born, our hearts has the capacity to expand so as to accommodate yet another little charmer into our lives :)

    I grew up being compared to my younger sis bec she's prettier & it really created a gap between us when we were younger. Buti na lang both of us were smart enough to get through the experience & eventually became each others' best friend.

    Kaya with Benedict & Angeli, I am careful na balanse ang love & attention. Ewan ko lang ha if ma-off balance kami with the little one thrown into the picture soon ;) although I'm confident naman na hindi : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change topic: I replied to ur PM in FB ha. Pls text me ur # so we can communicate :) see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete