Thursday, November 13, 2008

the little boy is finally weaned!

it's been one week now since our 28-month old iñigo is weaned from breastfeeding... mixed emotions for mommy.  and

i am happy.  finally, mine (you know what it is) can take a rest. iñigo can also go now go to sleep on his own, without mine helping him to doze off. that gives me more time now to do my job or chores, and without being interrupted with "mommy, milk?".

but i am sad, too. it was really an emotional torture for me in our first two days when iñigo cried for milk but i didn't budge and jude just had to take him away from me. i also don't know if someone can relate with me on this: that somehow the emotional connection between me and my son was wounded. motherhood for me is magnified 10x whenever i nurse my child.

i never even thought we will come to this as i myself was not also ready. i never even let a single day passed without having him breastfed. yes, even if he didn't ask

i, too, was addicted. =)

 

5 comments:

  1. aww! i can relate Marie. although you are definitely better off nga eh in terms of mileage. i mean, Benedict was only 9 m/o when i weaned him to bottle...and abt 1 1/2 months more from breastmilk. And if I had my way, i would have extended it pa and go back to nursing him after my infection is gone, kaso what made me keep my resolve is the thought of going through the weaning process all over again. I cant stand the wailing!
    naku your Inigo is definitely a BIG BOY na!
    let's start over na kc sis eh & mag-overtime na for a new baby *wink* hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. weaning was more difficult than our first week of breastfeeding them... sana may nagsabi sa atin walang emotional attachment dapat na kasama sa pagbi-bf... trabaho lang. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh kaso, NO VACATION, NO RESIGNATION 'tong pinasok natin na 24/7 job! buti nalang worth-it 'tong mga bubuwit nating mga bosing :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think any mom who has breastfed can relate to this. It can really make you sad once your kid has finally stopped bugging you for your milk and has been detached from it already. :(

    Naku, better start buying push up bras for soon you'll be needing it once "they" have started to shrink. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ay oo nga, that's also one of the sad parts... =D

    ReplyDelete