Wednesday, July 30, 2008

feeling senti... opm songs in the 80's (inspired by arpi's post)

not many of you knows that marie is a music lover. give me a radio or an ipod and a collection of my favorite songs and i can drift into my own neverland. i used to spend the whole afternoons or evenings during my high school and college days just listening to my favorite fm stations. and i used to be a walking songhits, and my wild dream then is to be a disc jockey; not because i have a soothing voice, but because of my selfish whim to play nothing but my favorite songs during my airtime.

i have favorites in all genre except for metal rock (hinde ko ma-dig, p're! haha) but one of the closest to my heart is the opm songs during the 80's and blame it on arpi's post on kyla's revival of jamie rivera's it's all over now, which is also my favorite, feeling senti ako ngayon! hehe. hey, i was still a kid then and was still learning the ropes of writing and counting but i think when it comes to music and songs... i was gifted. hahaha.

and if you're one of those who loves 80's songs, read on...

can't find no reason - louie heredia

i was never a louie heredia fan but i was surprised and pleased when i learned in "the sweet life" that he's the singer behind this very nice song.

here's the link:

http://www.imeem.com/people/WJ4-Rr/music/YrH0WXAD/louie_heredia_cant_find_no_reason/

and the lyrics, which i copied from the site:

Nighttime passed me by
Dream of holding you tonight
But emptiness surrounds me

Love, say you’ll be mine
I’ll love you till the end of time
Don’t say goodbye now

Reason can’t find no reason why I’m longing
For your touch and your embracing
Be mine tonight
Reason you are the reason for my being
You are the thought of all my dreams
You’re my love

Love, say you’ll be mine
I’ll hold you in my arms tonight
Don’t leave me dreaming

closer you and i - gino padilla

this song is made popular by a toothpaste brand commercial but i think it's the kilig factor that made this song a favorite among the young adults.

you may want to listen thru this:

http://www.tristancafe.com/music/flash/closer.html

sing along!
 
Hey, there's a look in your eyes  Must be love at first sight  You were just part of a dream  Nothing more so it seemed  But my love couldn't wait much longer  Just can't forget the picture of your smile  'Coz everytime I close my eyes  You come alive   The closer I get to touching you  The closer I get to loving you  Give it a time  Just a little more time  We'll be together  Every little smile  That special smile  The twinkle in your eye  In a little while  Give it a time  Just a little more time  So we can get closer  You and I   Then could I love you more  So much stronger than before  Why does it seem like a dream  So much more so it seems  I guess I found my inspiration  With just one smile, you take my breath away  So hold me close  And say you'll stay with me now   The closer I get to touching you  The closer I get to loving you  Give it a time  Just a little more time  We'll be together  Every little smile  That special smile  The twinkle in your eye  In a little while  Give it a time  Just a little more time  So we can get closer  You and I  

hang on - gary valenciano

this is one of my favorite gary valenciano songs, the other one is "the warrior is a child". up to know i still cannot comprehend why i am a sucker for sentimental songs like this.

sorry i can't find a link for the mp3 of this song. but i remember i have downloaded this before from kazaa but i failed to write it on a cd. sorry moi.

but i still have its lyrics:

Sometimes it’s hard to know that it’s all over
Sometimes it hurts so bad
To think that we did feel much for each other
Yet lost what we once had

To love you is one thing I can do
I have always been around to love you

At times when i’m alone I feel so empty
I’ve always wish you’re here
And now you’re gone and all is gone forever
Oh girl it’s so unfair

Remember the things I always say
I mean them all so please believe
The things that i’ve been telling you

Just hang on
Who knows we might get there
After all the waiting’s done
We’ll be the ones to find out

If we hang on
You know we’re on our way
So just hang on

When I look at the sky I see a memory
That was where I used to be

I love you
I always think of you
Please listen to the words I say
These words that i’ve been telling you

If we hang on

give me a chance - ric segreto

would you believe that i am a fan of the late ric segreto? but i like this song better than the more popular, "don't know what to do (don't know what to say)". ang weird ko noh? hehe.

I need you
Is all that I can say
But deep inside of me
You’ll know I want you more each day
But time won’t let me have the chance
So I’ve got to see you even at a glance

I know, it’s hard for you to see
Exactly how much you mean to me
Since it’s just a one way street
And I’m the only one who’s on it
No one knows the way but me

[chorus]
I love you can’t you hear me
Oh can’t you please see through me
Oh babe I need your love so badly
It’s no lie so please believe me
In my heart you’ll see the real me
You just gotta give me a chance

Well since I got that off my chest
All I need to let you know
Is I really did my best
Keep this feeling inside
But there’s just no place to hide
So please be my love

[repeat chorus]

Give me a chance
Give me a chance

friend of mine - odette quesada

who says that lea salonga's version of the song is better than odette quesada? not me! the latter's version is more melancholic and yet soothing. OMG, am i an hopeless romantic or what???

fortunately, i was able to find a link to ms. quesada's version.

http://www.imeem.com/mcbdlm/music/8OHRcHct/odette_quesada_opm_friend_of_mine/

I've known you for so long
You are a friend of mine
But babe, is this all we'd ever be
I've loved you eversince
You were a friend of mine
But babe, is this all we ever could be

chorus:
You tell me things I've never known
youshowed me love you've never shown
but then again when you cry
im always at your side
you tell me bout the love you've had
i listen very eagerly
but deep inside you'll never see
This feeling of emptiness
It makes me feel sad
But then again, I'm glad

I've known you all my life
You are a friend of mine
I know this is how it's gonna be
I've loved you then and I love you still
You're a friend of mine
I know that friends are all we ever could be

chorus except last line

but then again,
but then again
but then again
im glad....

they are just some of the good ol' songs i loved (and still love up to now) and grew up with. i actually have a cd collection of some of these songs along with the other opm songs, which became popular during that decade.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment