Tuesday, February 12, 2008

still part of the labor force

all of you may know that i am a stay-at-home mom since i resigned from my job last may 2007. but the truth is, amspec rehired me two weeks after and offered a part-time/consultancy job with a very flexible work schedule. i accepted the offer and was reporting to the office once to thrice a week, depending on my workload and mood (though the latter prevailed most of the time). you see, my former boss could not live without me… hahaha. she tried to scout for my replacement but no one seems to meet her qualifications. as she have said, ‘there’s only one marie in this world”. the wind is blowing me off from my seat now. =D

 

to some of you who are curious on what i do for a living, i work as an export coordinator for amspec. you should know this company very well because some of their brands are household names like crayola and mongol, “ang lapis ng magaling’… oops, free plugging. =D part of my job is to communicate with the established export clients and also to market amspec products to potential buyers. it’s actually an easy job. the only difficult part for me actually is to coordinate with the production and quality control departments who had nothing to say but it’s difficult, especially when we’re beating ship dates or trying to meet the clients’ specifications. but i refuse to accept their excuses and so verbal battles usually ensue, oh boy! but in the end, they deliver. gusto lang muna kunsumihin ang lola n’yo.

 

but generally, my job is relatively easy. it’s just that i really want to spend more time with my son and also pursue some business endeavors that’s why i decided to quit the job. and for the second time, i resigned last january 31st.

 

but on february 1st i was rehired again.  though i have yet to see the contract, am already doing my daily tasks thru emails. the arrangement right now is more lenient as i will do my work at home and just report to the office twice or thrice a month and only for a few hours. isn’t that great as i can have the best of both worlds—spending more time with my son and earning at the same time?

 

i’m a little excited over this because it means i can still earn extra money, which I can save to furnish our new house or spend for a major trip which we are eyeing in june.

 

god is really good and i owe this blessing to him.

3 comments:

  1. kainggit naman, marie. enjoy being a wahm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, pheng. i'm already enjoying it. =) how's the ss party preps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so great!!! i envy you sis... sana mangyari din yan sa akin. well, who knows? maybe one day it does.... i'll continue to pray..=)

    ReplyDelete