Monday, August 20, 2007

breastfed babies are smarter babies

iñigo amazed me yesterday when i was putting together the rubber mats which he loves to disassemble. i was fitting in the "number 9" piece into the square mat when he saw me and hurriedly crawled to his bike's basket where he put the other piece i needed. he went back and gave the other piece to me... so smart of him! =D

...and when i give him something he wants and ask him "what will you say, iñigo?", he would instantly say "tezzz". that's "thanks!" hehe. see... my little boy is already that polite. =D

...and his sign of the cross already improved. he can start now with the "in the name of the father" by touching his forehead and wait for us to say amen for him to do the amen sign. we have a pious child in the house! =D

he also got the hang of some of mommy's instructions such as "close the door", "come back to mommy", "do not touch, it would hurt you", and my favorites: "hug mommy" and "kiss mommy". =D

according to research, breastfed babies are ahead by 5 points in IQ level compared to formula-fed babies. that's enough motivation for me to keep breastfeeding my son until he's two.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment